Autodesk, Inc. is an American multinational software corporation that makes software for the architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, media, and entertainment industries
Using a product that is being developed and software development tools, develops and executes test strategies with the objective of finding defects during the software development process and assuring quality products. Ensures functionality, usability, stability, capacity, and performance. Analyzes and writes test plans and procedures. Analyzes test results to ensure desired functionality and recommends corrective action.
Help Autodesk users imagine and design a better world by contributing to development of Autodesk Revit, the leading building information modeling software. Autodesk’s software is used by 100,000+ architects, engineers, and other building industry professionals to design everything from the world’s tallest skyscrapers, largest airports, and new landmarks to homes and businesses that you visit every day.
Revit’s engineering team brings intelligence and efficiency to the building design and development process by solving hard software problems.
As a software engineer, you will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team that is responsible for the entire software development process from analyzing market needs through the delivery of working software. Autodesk Revit is a complex product and we are looking for somebody who is as enthusiastic about re-factoring, optimizing, and enhancing existing code and algorithms as they are about designing and developing new code.
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional agile team that is responsible for the entire software development process from analyzing market needs through the delivery of working software
- Develop new state of the art functionality that pushes the envelope for Building Information Modeling (BIM) around the world.
- Re-factor, optimize, and enhance existing code and algorithms.
- Degree in computer science or a related field (Master’s or PhD preferred)
- C++ experience, including good memory management practices
- Working knowledge of C#
- Strong knowledge of good software architecture practices including design patterns and object-oriented programming practices
- Great communication skills that enable effective communication with both technical and domain experts
- Demonstrated ability to proactively and creatively evaluate and address issues related to systems stability, scalability, and extensibility
- Experience working in a very large code base, including enhancing and resolving issues in pre-existing code
- Good spatial reasoning skills with a working knowledge of basic linear algebra such as transforms
- Strong understanding of algorithmic complexity and how it impacts system performance – experience using performance analysis tools is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team – experience with agile processes is a plus
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with BIM, CAD, or modeling software and / or working with the APIs for such products
- Experience with graphics or visualization algorithms
- Experience with building-related industries such as architecture or structural engineering
- Knowledge of user-interface development based on MFC and/or WPF