Optaros, Inc. is dynamic, entrepreneurial professional services and solutions provider creating innovative ecommerce solutions by leveraging the convergence of Commerce, Content, and Community on the web. Founded in 2004, we are an international, privately held company with employees in Boston, Austin (TX), San Francisco and Bucharest.
Optaros’ office in Bucharest is located in the Olympia Tower in Piata Muncii with easy access from the tram, metro and busses.
Working at Optaros means having the opportunity to work on distributed, multinational teams.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- More than 4 years testing experience, writing, maintaining and executing test cases
- Experience creating test plans, acceptance criteria, test execution reports and readiness reports is needed
- Experience with defect management software, such as Jira
- Ability to write and understand basic SQL queries to perform data verification and set up test data
- Experience performing automated testing is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least one automated testing framework (keyword or data-driven)
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team (Front-End Developers, Back-End Developers, Project Managers, Business Analysts, etc.)
- Great attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate the needs of the QA team on specific projects
- The confidence to ask the tough questions necessary to ensure continuous improvement
- Experience in agile testing/agile methodologies
- Must be fluent in English and Romanian, written and verbal communications
- Web application testing experience strongly preferred
- E-commerce or similar web experience is strongly preferred
- One year of previous development experience (Java, Python, PHP or similar) is a plus
- Experience performing load, stress is a plus
- Experience working in a client-facing role is a plu
- Collaboration with developers in creating testable “Definition of Done”
- Create and communicating the QA plan, strategy and progress to project team and clients.
- Coordinate the QA effort in a project, work with junior QA, developers and PM to assure the quality of the project
- Working with clients and project leads to create/review acceptance criteria and test plans, based on business requirements.
- Designing tests that can be clearly understood by both business users and developers
- Develop both functional and non-functional tests (performance, security, integration, etc.)
- Create, execute and debug automated tests
- Developing, creating, and executing performance test plans and test cases which reflect expected usage
- Proactively self-managing own tasks in view of the larger QA effort as well as other required QA deliverables
- Working with developers to more easily create automated GUI and integration tests
- Creating reasonable level of effort estimates that balance business and technical needs
- Educating and mentoring other team members on testing practices and tools
- Managing defect tracking and defect maintenance and performing defect root cause analysis
- Suggesting new tools and processes for the agile team
- Openly participating in continuous practice improvement