Senior Software Engineer (C and C++)
Join the Printec team and play a key role in developing our cutting-edge x-core product. x-core is an innovative software solution for self-service kiosks like ATMs, designed to deliver a truly personalized experience to customers. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on a product that is unlocking the possibilities of self-service technology, by offering extended self-service options while preserving the human touch. Be a part of our reimagined approach to self-service technology and take your career to the next level with Printec.
We develop own products and we provide related services in respect to electronic payments and electronic commercial transactions, while we also empower implementation of well-known global vendors’ solutions such as NCR Corp., VeriFone, Castles Tech, Thales E-Security, FICO etc. with whom Printec has business partnerships. Our clientele comprises mostly commercial banks and other types of financial institutions.
Your role will be to participate in the analysis, design, development, functional extension, implementation and highly specialized support and consultancy related to our company’s software products. You will be writing code in project related teams lead by technical leads and will be involved in project analysis meetings internally and with external stakeholders.
The current position belongs to the Vending Applications Development team, recently created at Group level. The position will work as a team member and will report to a Product Owner and to the Product Development Manager.
Most used technologies within this team are C/C++, .Net / C# and Android, while the present position specifically pertains to C/C++ technologies for developing e-payment software applications for unattended EFT-POS modules. A certain collaboration is set up with colleagues form our other local or Group teams, POS and ATM, with whom we work to ensure integration of some specific client – server applications, such as: Remote Key Management and Terminal Management / Monitoring Servers for instance.
Current Project Details:
The current project pertains to a Vending Machine package of Applications for electronic transaction local and related remote monitoring and management. The main areas of interest are developing and maintaining an unattended EFTPOS application that is to be installed in the Vending Machine to add POS card payment means to Vending Machines and a local client of bridging telemetry related data from the Vending Machine controller with a central telemetry server (processing vending machine telemetry events, post-processing vending machine transaction events, reporting and alarm-notifications).
- Design, develop, document & maintain EFT-POS (Linux based) application making good use of all the latest APIs
- Work closely with our professional services teams for the design & implementation of new features & services
- Track down and resolve issues
- Keep up with the latest SDK, tools and conventions
- Participate in code review session to ensure that the provided solution meets end to end business scenarios and fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing
- Keep up to date on current and upcoming features in relevant products and platforms
- Participate in discussions and technical analyses with beneficiaries and other 3rd parties eventually involved in order to assess and agree upon technical solutions of the products
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar relevant domain
- 2-4 years proven work experience in object-orient programming, implementation and troubleshooting
- Excellent C and C++ programming skills
- Very good understanding and experience in Linux environments
- Extensive experience in C++ development on Linux / MS Windows platform will be considered a plus
- Experience in POS or Transaction Automation solutions will be considered an asset
- Understanding EMV procedures will be considered as a plus
- Good command of the English language
- Problem solver and team-player, eager to contribute to complex projects and exceed customer expectations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to provide highly efficient and reusable applications
Type of collaboration: Full Time / Undetermined (also subcontracting)
Project length: Indefinite
Workplace (schedule or type of work): Bucureşti, Șoseaua Pipera nr. 42, et. 9 si parter, sector 2. Max. 40% -50% remote work.
Start date: anytime
- Competitive salary
- Private medical care subscription
- Meal tickets
- Flexible benefits (holiday vouchers/private pension/private health insurance)
- Modern & performant work tools
- Flexible Working (flexible schedule & remote working)
- Online & in class trainings
- A friendly work environment encouraging development, with great passion for innovation, dialogue and collaboration
- Annual performance evaluation, salary review & bonus
- Focus on organizational culture – values based organization
- HR – Screening discussion – present & sell the role – validate main aspects – validate candidate’s interest & motivation
- Interview: HR + Supervisor + Manager
- Technical Test – direct test / portfolio of own projects (e. g. from direct test/git hub repository, with technical lead
- If case – final alignment discussion / interview with Igor
Default Printec Presentation on LinkedIn Company Profile:
Printec Group is a leader in business-to-customer transaction technologies in 16 countries in Central and Eastern Europe, offering a wide range of technology solutions that help improve human interactions, making everyday life easier. Through our wide range of technology solutions and services we enable businesses to leverage innovative technology in order to provide a superior customer experience and at the same time achieve operational efficiencies and regulatory compliance. Our solutions are behind everyday transactions: cash transactions via ATMs, card transactions through EFT-POS terminals, self-service solutions and more, enabling hundreds of organizations in Europe meet and exceed their customers’ expectations, while at the same time optimize their operations, creating cost efficiencies. With our presence of 30 years and with more than 900 highly qualified and experienced professionals, Printec is one of the fastest growing information technology groups in Central and Eastern Europe.